Who we are
This website is published by Folkman LLC, a law firm in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Theodore Folkman is the legal representative of Folkman LLC.
What we collect and receive
In order to provide you with a good experience on our website, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on how you use the website, the information we collect and process may include the following.
- If you use one of our contact forms to send a written message, we collect your name, your email address, and the contents of your message. We use this information only to check for possible conflicts of interest and to answer messages we receive.
- If you sign up to receive a newsletter, we collect your name and email address. We use this information only to send you the newsletter. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system. We send emails through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters. No personally identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
- When you visit the website, our server records technical log data that includes your IP address and other technical information about your visit. We use this information only for cybersecurity and IT troubleshooting purposes.
- We use Google Analytivcs to collect data about visitors. Google is configured to anonymize the IP address of visitors. The software provides anonymized data on visits, including pages visited, visitor behavior on the website, the visitor’s location, the visitor’s hardware and software, the referring webpage, search terms entered, and searches that led the visitor to the website. We use this information to improve our website and to make it more useful and relevant for users.
Opting out of data collection
You have the right to be informed of personal data processed by Folkman LLC, a right to rectification or correction, erasure, and restriction of processing. You also have the right to ask us for a structured, common and machine-readable format of personal data you provided to us.
To exercise any of the rights mentioned in this policy, or if you have questions, please contact us using the contact page or by mail at 53 State Street, Suite 500, Boston, MA 02109, USA, or by email at [email protected] You may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Third-party Services We Use
|Cloudflare||To decrease page load time and server load, and for cybersecurity.||Legitimate interest||Global||identification data, professional life data, personal life data, connection data, or localization data (including IP addresses), and the name, email address, and message sent via our contact forms||Link|
|Amazon Web Services S3||To store backups of the website database||Consent||USA||The name, email address, and message sent via our contact forms, and the email addresses of newsletter subscribers||Link|
|Wysija SARL Mailpoet||To send newsletters and other updates to subscribers||Consent||UK, Germany, Finland||None||Link|
|To collect analytics data about visits to the website||Legitimate Interest||Global||Anonymized IP addresses and other data concerning a website visit, including geolocation data.||Link|
Our server log files are rotated regularly, and we do not retain backups after they are deleted via the server’s log rotation program. Google stores analytics data for 26 months. If you communicate with us via our contact forms, we retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with services and to comply with our obligations under law, including our obligations regarding conflicts of interest under the applicable rules of professional conduct.
Disclosing Your Data
We will never disclose your personal data to anyone. The only exceptions to this rule are:
- Disclosures to IT professionals or other appropriate persons to the extent necessary for server maintenance, troubleshooting, or cybersecurity.
- With your express consent.
- To comply with the law.